SPI Board Meeting Announcement: Wednesday, February 11th, 2009

Jimmy Kaplowitz secretary at spi-inc.org
Wed Feb 4 23:59:51 UTC 2009

MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT
--------------------

Software in the Public Interest, Inc., will hold a public board of directors
meeting next week, on Wednesday, February 11th, 2009, at 20:00 UTC. Note that
this is one week earlier than our usual monthly schedule, in order to speed the
approval of the Helios Initiative as an associated project which was deferred
from the January meeting to seek legal advice.

SPI meetings are held on the OFTC IRC network, irc.oftc.net, in #spi.
The agenda for the meeting, subject to review and additions by the
Secretary, will be available at least 48 hours in advance at
http://www.spi-inc.org/secretary/agenda/2009/2009-02-11.html

There are two associated projects resolutions expected to be voted on: the
unchanged January resolution from Joshua D. Drake regarding the Helios
Initiative, and another one regarding OpenWRT. Also expected are 1 to 4 old
sets of minutes from before my term as Secretary, prepared by Martin
Zobel-Helas; the January minutes prepared by me; and officer's reports.

All of these documents which require a vote will be added to or linked from the
agenda at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting, or else deferred to the
March meeting. The text of the OpenWRT resolution will also be emailed to the
spi-general and spi-board mailing lists by that deadline.

More information on SPI meetings can be found at
http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/meetings
--
Jimmy Kaplowitz
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.