Resolution 2016-02-05.mm.1: X.Org as associated project
tbm at cyrius.com
Fri Feb 12 21:54:05 UTC 2016
This resolution was adopted by the Board of Directors of SPI at their
meeting of February 12, 2016.
1. The X.Org Foundation is an existing 501(c)3 corporation, incorporated
in the state of Delaware: http://www.x.org/foundation/irs-form-1023/5-ExhibitD.pdf
2. The bylaws the X.Org foundation (http://www.x.org/foundation/irs-form-1023/6-ExhibitE.pdf) state:
The purpose of the X.Org Foundation shall be to:
(i) research, develop, support, organize, administrate,
standardize, promote and defend the X Window System,
(ii) support, educate, organize and participate in the community of
developers of the X Window System, and
(iii) support and educate the general community of users of the X
3. The board of the X.Org Foundation has voted to request SPI's support
and assistance, including taking donations and holding funds and
intangible assets. If approved, the X.Org corporation would be
dissolved and all assets transferred to SPI.
THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT
4. X.Org is formally invited to become an SPI Associated Project,
according to the SPI Framework for Associated Projects, SPI
Resolution 1998-11-16.iwj.1-amended-2004-08-10.iwj.1, a copy of
which can be found at
5. The X.Org Secretary is recognised by SPI as the current SPI liaison
for X.Org. The X.Org Secretary is elected by the X.Org board, who are
in turn elected by the members of X.Org.
6. This invitation will lapse, if not accepted, 180 days after it is
approved by the SPI Board.
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
More information about the Spi-announce