Resolution 2016-03-17.jdd.1: OpenZFS as an associated project
tbm at cyrius.com
Tue May 17 23:49:07 UTC 2016
This resolution was adopted by the Board of Directors of SPI at their
meeting of May 12, 2016.
1. OpenZFS is a substantial and significant Free Software project.
2. The OpenZFS developers would like SPI's support and assistance,
including taking donations.
THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT
1. OpenZFS is formally invited to become an SPI Associated Project,
according to the SPI Framework for Associated Projects, SPI Resolution
1998-11-16.iwj.1-amended-2004-08-10.iwj.1, a copy of which can be found at
2. Matt Ahrens (matt at mahrens.org) is recognised by SPI as the
authoritative decision maker and SPI liaison for OpenZFS. Successors
will be appointed or elected by Matt Ahrens.
If Matt Ahrens is unable to, the following community members should
vote to select a replacement: Brian Behlendorf (behlendorf1 at llnl.gov),
Justin Gibbs (gibbs at freebsd.org), and George Wilson
(wilzun at gmail.com). These community leaders represent each of the key
platforms for OpenZFS: Linux, FreeBSD, and illumos respectively.
3. This invitation will lapse, if not accepted, 60 days after it is
approved by the SPI Board.
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
More information about the Spi-announce