Resolution 2016-10-09.djl.1: The Open MPI Project as an associated project
tbm at cyrius.com
Tue Nov 15 23:38:18 UTC 2016
This resolution was adopted by the Board of Directors of SPI at their
meeting of November 14, 2016.
1. The Open MPI Project is a substantial and significant Free Software
2. The Open MPI Project developers would like SPI's support and
assistance, including taking donations.
THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT
1. The Open MPI Project is formally invited to become an SPI
Associated Project, according to the SPI Framework for Associated
Projects, SPI Resolution 1998-11-16.iwj.1-amended-2004-08-10.iwj.1, a
copy of which can be found at
2. Ralph Castain <rhc at open-mpi.org> is recognised by SPI as the
authoritative decision maker and SPI liaison for The Open MPI Project.
Successors will be appointed or elected by full members of the The
Open MPI Project <https://www.open-mpi.org/about/members/>
3. If the last known SPI liaison for The Open MPI Project is missing
in action, and no new SPI liaison is appointed for two consecutive
years the associated project is deemed defunct. Defunct project's
assets may be transferred to a nominated US 501(c)(3) charity or to
the SPI general fund.
4. This invitation will lapse, if not accepted, 60 days after it is
approved by the SPI Board.
President, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
More information about the Spi-announce