Call for nominations - 2017 SPI Board Election

Valerie Young secretary at spi-inc.org
Fri Jun 30 20:52:12 UTC 2017

As per our by-laws[0] and resolution 2004-08-10-dbg.2[1], three board
seats are up for election for a three-year term.  These are currently
held by:

 * Martin Michlmayr
 * Vacant position caused by the early resignation of Andrew Tridgell
 * Vacant position caused by the early resignation of Dimitri John Ledkov

Anyone who wishes to run for any of these seats, including any
interested incumbents, is asked to send a position statement to me,
Valerie Young, at secretary at spi-inc.org. GPG signed mail is
preferred.

These position statements will be collected until the end of Wednesday,
12th July 2017. Third-party nominations need to be endorsed by the
candidate and position statements are still required.

If sufficient nominations are received to require a vote this will take
place from the 14th to the 29th of July.

After the election results are posted, the Board will select from among
its number the officers (president, VP, treasurer, secretary).

The board would like to thank Andrew Tridgell and Dimitri John Ledkov
for generously offering to resign early to reset the election of board
members to three per year. This was necessary after the election of five
new board members in 2016. They are both free to run again in the 2017
elections for a new three year term.

Valerie Young
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.

[0] http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/by-laws/
[1] http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2004/2004-08-10.dbg.2/