Resolution 2017-08-14.mm.1: Removal of FreedomBox as an associated project
secretary at spi-inc.org
Tue Aug 15 14:06:12 UTC 2017
This resolution was adopted by the Board of Directors of SPI at their
meeting of August 14, 2017.
1. FreedomBox became an associated project of SPI in 2011.
2. The FreedomBox Foundation serves as the organizational headquarters
of the project.
3. The IRS has recently determined that the FreedomBox Foundation is
exempt from federal income tax under Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3).
4. FreedomBox has requested the termination of its relationship with SPI
and the transfer of funds earmarked for FreedomBox to the FreedomBox
THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT
1. FreedomBox will be removed as an SPI Associated Project.
2. All funds held on behalf of FreedomBox will be transferred to the
3. SPI will no longer actively seek donations on behalf of FreedomBox.
4. Any future donations received for FreedomBox in the next 12 months
will be forwarded to the FreedomBox Foundation.
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
More information about the Spi-announce