SPI board nominations extended (was Re: Upcoming SPI board elections for 2019)

Tim Potter tpot at frungy.org
Sun Jul 14 22:34:20 UTC 2019

On 1 Jul 2019, at 06:00, Tim Potter <tpot at frungy.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone. This is a heads up about the upcoming SPI board
> elections. The primary purpose of this notice is to give some time to
> people to think about running for a board position. We have three
> seats available for a three year term:
>
> * President
> * General board member
> * General board member

Dear SPI members. To address some confusion about the SPI board
nomination process please read the following notes.

* Please reply to secretary at spi-inc.org (GPG-signed mail preferred) to
nominate yourself for a board of directors position.

* Nominations are for membership of the SPI board of directors as per article
seven of the SPI bylaws. Election of officers (from the board of directors) are
held separately subject to article five of the bylaws. Election of officers are
secret ballots taken from the SPI contributing membership.

I apologise for the confusion caused by my initial message. Nominations will
be extended by an extra three days until the 18th of July 23:59 UTC.

Regards,

Tim.
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest