Next step -- Deciding on output

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at debian.org
Tue Feb 4 20:09:39 UTC 2003

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 11:09:03AM -0600, Taral wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 10:24:39PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > 1. A proposal for bylaws amendments, detailing the changes we suggest or
> > perhaps just listing the new document.
> >
> > 2. Rationale for each proposed change.  Includes comments from dissenters,
> > if any.
> >
> > 3. Identification of problems.  We will want to write this up as part of our
> > own process anyway, so might as well make it "more official."
>
> I'm not sure how (3) differs from (2). And (1) and (2) would certainly
> be together in the final resolution proposed by this committee. So that
> takes the number of documents down to 1.

I agree that (1) and (2) should be in the final document (I wouldn't
call it a resolution exactly) produced by our committee. I think (3) is
slightly different, and also belongs in the same document. Here is how I
see the final document structure (rough idea):

- Introduction
    - Purpose of Committee
	- Decisionmaking process
	- Etc.
- Identification of Problems <--- item (3) above
    - Problem 1
	    - What is the problem?
		- Why is it a problem?
    - Problem 2
	    - What[...]?
		- Why [...]?
	- Etc.
- Proposed Solutions
	- Problem 1
		- What is the solution? <--- item (1) above
		- How does this solve the problem?      <---    item (2)
		- Why is this the best solution?        <---    above
	- Problem 2
		- What[...]?
		- How [...]?
	- Etc.