Next step -- Deciding on output

Taral taral at taral.net
Tue Feb 4 22:29:15 UTC 2003

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 03:09:39PM -0500, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> I agree that (1) and (2) should be in the final document (I wouldn't
> call it a resolution exactly) produced by our committee. I think (3) is
> slightly different, and also belongs in the same document. Here is how I
> see the final document structure (rough idea):

I strongly disagree. Comittees usually produce a resolution, fully
formed, on which the parent body can vote. Since the parent body is
always allowed to table or amend the resolution, this does not limit it
in any way. Providing a fully formed resolution also reduces the chance
of any miscommunication, as well as making less work for members outside
the committee.

I can look up the full rationale in RRONR, if you like.

--
Taral <taral at taral.net>
This message is digitally signed. Please PGP encrypt mail to me.