Summary of comments

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Mon Feb 17 21:20:28 UTC 2003

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 03:02:52PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>  > It sounds like you're suggesting that once we have our list of
>  > problems, we can just look at each one and either reject it as not
>  > applicable wrt bylaws amendments, or implement an amendment for it?
>
> 	I was thinking that prioritizing the issues at hand would
>  also be useful, so we work on the most important issues first, and
>  the lower priority items come along as we come to a close.

OK, how about this for the immediate future then:

1. Taral issues a combined document for our inspection

2. We do some brief priortization into some general categories (high,
   medium, low).  I imagine that finding consensus on this will be
   easy.

3. Taral issues a new document ordered by priorities

4. Using the Subject line as an identifier, we can discuss several items
   concurrently in e-mail, starting with high-priority items.  For each
   item, we will decide if the best solution involves a bylaws change, and
   if so, propose one.  If not, we will communicate changes to other bodies
   within SPI if appropriate (Board, membership committee, etc)

If this sounds like a good template, I'll rewrite our agenda tonight.

-- John