Keeping things moving

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Mar 26 15:38:12 UTC 2003

[chairman hat on]

Hello,

We need to be moving along more rapidly, and I think that we need some more
specific procedures for that.  To that end, I will try to guide the
future discussion (starting with #04) to these guidelines:

* We discuss each item for a maximum of one week before specific amendments
are proposed.

* We discuss each amendment proposal for a maximum of one week before voting
up or down on it.  We will handle rejection of amendments on a case-by-case
basis.  Voting will take place over a maximum of three days.

* These deadlines will be extended for items that have active discussion or
ongoing controversy.

If you see a problem with these guidelines, please let me know.  I'm quite
willing to use other guidelines.  I think we need *something*, and this is
my attempt to do so.

-- John