#04: Electronic Meetings

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Apr 1 14:33:51 UTC 2003

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 11:12:16AM -0500, David Graham wrote:
> I don't see that as blocking it.

Well, IMHO, we first need to decide whether non-real-time meetings are a
desirable possibility, then how they should be held, and finally whether we
should modify the bylaws.

To that end:

I view non-real-time resolutions as an undesirable outcome, but one which
may be necessary.  I would prefer to find other alternatives.

However, if they must happen, my largest criticism is that they are
happening behind closed doors.  This could be alleviated by other
open-meetings provisions in the bylaws.

I think it's OK with the board deciding the mechanisms of their meetings, so
long as they comply with basic requirements (quorum, sufficient notice,
public publishing)

If we decide that e-mail meetings are acceptable, we should amend the bylaws
thusly.  I view the e-mail meetings as, at best, a stretch of the language
in the bylaws.

Comments?

-- John