#06: Public resolutions

David Graham cdlu at pkl.net
Tue Apr 1 14:42:49 UTC 2003

Instance...

The Employmee Management (for the sake of argument) Committee passes an
internal resolution which should be kept confidential. Because of the
money-nature of this resolution, the Board must give its assent, and so
it, too, must pass the same resolution. That resolution is no less
confidential now then it was at the EMC.

I think it's very important that the board be left with a mechanism
allowing it to keep resolutions secret though, as it's what you don't see
coming that invariably gets you. Getting unanimous consent in this
community is tremendously difficult, so requiring it is as good a
safeguard as any against irrational or excessive use of this clause.

David "cdlu" Graham 			cdlu at pkl.net
Guelph, Ontario			SMS: +1 519 760 1409