#06: Public resolutions

David Graham cdlu at pkl.net
Tue Apr 1 19:58:16 UTC 2003

This is a longer amendment than it was, but I think it's a fair bit
clearer. Feel free to modify, discuss, etc., it.

Article 5 has a section called "Resolutions" near the bottom

It currently reads:

"Resolutions

"Resolutions are voted on by the board of directors. Resolutions may be
put before the board for consideration. If the board decides not to
consider an issue, the membership may vote on the resolution. The
membership may also override a vote of the board by a 2/3 majority vote."

I propose this be deleted and replaced with the following:

Apend to Article 5 (bottom) (or create its own article)

"Board Resolutions

"A Board Resolution is any document or statement approved by a majority of
attending Board members at any single meeting which states a purpose and
is relevant to the organisation's functionning or operation. All votes
for, against, and all absentions related to any Board Resolution shall be
kept with the Board Resolution at all times subsequent to its vote. No
Board member may change their vote on a Board Resolution without
resubmitting the Board Resolution to the board for a new vote.

"Any Board Resolution passed by the Board of Directors of this
organisation may, with the absolute unanimous consent of all Board
members, be kept confidential from the membership and the public. If any
Board member decides at a future date that the resolution should no longer
be confidential, unanimous consent will be considered to no longer exist
and the Board Resolution will henceforth be available to the membership.

"No Board Resolution may be considered enacted or enforceable until it is
available to the entire organisation's membership, unless said Board
Resolution has been declared confidential per Paragraph
(article.paragraph)."

"Committees may also discuss and vote on resolutions. The rules for
Committee resolutions shall be set forth in Committee Charters."

David "cdlu" Graham 			cdlu at pkl.net
Guelph, Ontario			SMS: +1 519 760 1409