#04: Electronic Meetings

David Graham cdlu at railfan.ca
Sat May 31 14:15:13 UTC 2003

I believe e-mail meetings are not only allowed, they're necessary.

I'd like to point out that the By-Law Committee -- us -- has not met yet
on IRC or in any means other than through e-mail, yet we have created,
discussed, and voted on a number of issues and are continuing to do so.

I think the means with which the board meets should be at the discretion
of the board. Decisions should be able to me made through email - which
the quorum requirements of the recently discussed amendment easily allow,
or on IRC, if that's what the board prefers to do, but we should not ban
an otherwise effective way of meeting. That doesn't help anybody.

The board should be required to meet "no less than once per three months",
and should be left the discretion of how it should meet - whether it be in
real life, video conference, irc, telephone conference call, email, or
voodoo magic, provided a record of the meeting is kept (minutes).

David Graham