Resignation

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Aug 12 16:14:16 UTC 2004

Hello,

Since I have been named SPI President, I have decided to resign from the
bylaws committee for two reasons: 1) I don't think I'll have time to do
both; and 2) as a general rule, I think that the President should not
also be chair of any committees.

The Board will likely need to pass a new resolution to name a new chair,
and that may be a convenient time to adjust the membership of the
committee as well.  (And we'll probably want to take this to -general
too)

Is anyone here interested in taking over as chair?  In joining the
committee?

(I'll make my resignation effective with the selection of a new chair)

On a different note, you may want to review the bylaws report in the
draft annual report (see -general).  Let me know if there should be any
changes.

Thanks,
John