[DRAFT 1] Bylwas Revision: COMMITTEES

Nils Lohner lohner at typhoon.icd.teradyne.com
Thu Apr 8 20:52:02 UTC 1999

Here's the thinking.  Forming committees is not trivial since writing a
charter takes time.  I think people should just get up and do what needs to
be done... sort of the way it is in Debian.  I never officially got to be
assigned as the 'Press Contact', I just started doing the work with IWJs
approval and kept going.  Now I think that a Publicity Committee would be
appropriate, for both Debian and SPI.  But I think that one time or short
term things should just get done without going through the longer process of
forming a committee.

So, if people want to do something, ask a board member, and if its a trivial
task (i.e. no large political ramifications, etc.) should be able to just do
it.  If it's a larger issue that takes some time, let people discuss it and
deal with it as designated by the board, and if it's an issue that requires
long term care, or is a recurring issue (publicity, trade shows, trademarks,
projects, etc.) then form a committee. This concept is not that tough.

Sorry for the brief style, but I'm in a hurry.

Nils.

In message <Pine.LNX.4.03.9904081322520.2818-100000 at cyrix200.lameter.com>,
Chri