[PROPOSAL] Open Source certification

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Apr 10 19:50:14 UTC 1999

Lynn Winebarger writes:

 >    Given this type of response, I must reiterate my suggestion that SPI
 > assert control over its mark,

You've GOT to be kidding.  Are people actually suggesting this???  OSI
has been sending out cease and desist letters.  OSI has been
negotiating changes in web pages.  OSI has been promoting the mark.
OSI gathered contributions for a logo, and is currently evaluating
them.  OSI has been certifying licenses.  And suddenly it's SPI's
mark?  In my universe, those who do the work get to own it.

--
-russ nelson <rn-sig at crynwr.com>  http://crynwr.com/~nelson