[PROPOSAL] Open Source certification

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sun Apr 11 01:41:13 UTC 1999

Dean Brettle writes:
 > Of course, whether a particular license meets the DFSG/OSD is often a
 > judgement call, but I consider the current OSI board quite qualified to
 > acts as judges/jury in this context.  However, as things currently
 > stand, they also act as consultants to the organizations seeking
 > branding.

I think you misinterpreted something.  When Eris Raymond was said to
have been "consulted", they really meant that the OSI board had
certified.  There was not a traditional "consulting" arrangement as
most people would understand the word.

--
-russ nelson <rn-sig at crynwr.com>  http://crynwr.com/~nelson