[PROPOSAL] Open Source certification

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sun Apr 11 12:15:51 UTC 1999

Robert Levin writes:
 > Coming into the discussion late, I will comment that, to the extent that OSI
 > performs its functions without consulting the community, it can't expect to
 > be considered representative of the community.

I consider us to be following Jon Postel's model.  Jon never seemed to
consult the community, but boy he sure listened.

 > There were clear, obvious problems with the Apple license, for example.

Everybody has 20-20 vision in hindsight.  I would point out that Bruce
was not removed from the board mailing list in a timely manner, and
received a copy of the APSL at the same time we did.  If the problems
were so obvious, why didn't Bruce spot them in time?

mailto:license-discuss-subscribe at opensource.org .

--
-russ nelson <rn-sig at crynwr.com>  http://crynwr.com/~nelson