APSL 1.1

John Hasler john at dhh.gt.org
Tue Apr 20 22:08:43 UTC 1999

Chip Salzenberg writes:
> This view doesn't allow for out-of-court settlements, which are often the
> best way to resolve contentious issues quickly.

"Out-of-court settlements".  Yes.  Interesting possibilities there.  "We'll
trade you a license for our foobar algorithm that is in your foobaz package
for one for your frootle algorithm, but of course the license won't include
the APSL version of foobaz.  You'll have to agree to suppress that.
Shouldn't be hard: you've got that 'infringement' clause to work with".
--
John Hasler
john at dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)