Resolution 1999-08-03.nl.2: Appointment of DPL as Advisor to the BOD

Martin Schulze joey at finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE
Wed Aug 4 19:31:02 UTC 1999

Nils Lohner wrote:

> [This resolution gives the current DPL a position of advisor to the board of
> directors.  This position was defined in a previous resolution.
> Comments/changes welcome.  --Nils]

Generally I appreciate this and consider it a good idea.  However I
do not want to make this singular for Debian.  I'd like to invite
the Gnome Project Leader (currently: Miguel de Icaza) as well.

> Resolution 1999-08-03.nl.2
> Appointment of Debian Project Leader as Advisor to the BOD
>
> RECOGNIZING that the Debian Project plays a large and active role in the
> Free Software community, and
>
> NOTING that comments and criticism from large Free Software projects will
> enable SPI to maintain its goal of furthering the development of software,
>

> The SPI Board of Directors hereby resolves to:
>
> APPOINT the Debian Project Leader to the position of Advisor to the SPI
> Board of Directors with the rights and privileges thereof.

Please ensure that it is clear that only the current DPL is a
special advisor per se.  If the DPL changes (once every year)
another person will be this special advisor.  The same would
apply to the GPL.

Regards,

	Joey

--
There are lies, statistics and benchmarks.