Resolution 1999-08-02.nl: Bylaws Changes

Martin Schulze joey at finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE
Thu Aug 5 15:46:07 UTC 1999

Nils Lohner wrote:

> >> ARTICLE ONE - ORGANIZATION
> >> ARTICLE TWO - PURPOSE
> >>   These two articles may not be changed, as they are taken from SPI's
> >> Certificate of Incorporation.
> >
> >I'd like to remind you of my thoughts from 12/27/98:

> Joey-
>
> READ THE LINES ABOVE, STATING THAT THE FIRST TWO PARAGRAPHS MAY NOT BE
> MODIFIED BECAUSE THEY ARE TAKEN FROM OUR CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION AND
> MAY NOT BE MODIFIED FOR LEGAL REASONS.  I HAVE POSTED THIS COMMENT IN
> RESPONSE TO YOUR SECTION TWO COMMENTS SEVERAL TIMES ALREADY.

You don't have to shout!  You should also read what I said "I'd like
to remind you of my thoughts".  I would have phrased something else
if I wanted to change something in the first two articles.  Be kind!
Always.

> As far as the remaining comments are concerned, I'll work through them and
> integrate them when I get the chance (in the next few days).  They're good
> comments.  I really would have appreciated it though if you could have made
> these either during the public discussion period on spi-general, or when I
> posted the changes to the board in preparation for the meeting.  I've spent
> several weeks working on this, and getting all of these comments (even

I'm sorry, but important exams made it impossible.  I hoped to be able
to work on SPI as well but failed.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The only stupid question is the unasked one.