Resolution 1999-08-03.nl: Guidelines for Equipment and Service Donations

Martin Schulze joey at finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE
Mon Aug 16 08:36:19 UTC 1999

Ean R . Schuessler wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 04:47:47PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > > Maybe:
> > >   If SPI (or the project that the service is donated to, if applicable)
> > > wishes to change the usage of the service, or use the service in a manner
> > > contrary to that initially specified, they must obtain permission from the
> > > service donor in advance.
> > >
> > > Joey- does that work for you? IMO the timeframe is meaningless if worded
> > > like this, so it's easier to cut it out.
> >
> > Yes, that's fine.
>
> Being nitpicky, but:
>
> If SPI (or the designated project[s] which have recieved the donation) wish
> to change the usage of the service, or use the service in a manner
> contrary to that initially specified, they must obtain permission from
> the service donor in advance. If the service donor is unwilling to
> provide such permission, SPI (or the designated project[s]) may
> terminate the use of the service at their discretion.

I'm not sure why you want to add a termination clause since it's
logical (at least to me).  If the donor is unwilling to provide
permission to use a service for a different use it will be used
in the old way or abandoned.  Logical to me.

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        - Linus Torvalds