[evan@telly.org: Questions for ZDNet article]

Joseph Carter knghtbrd at debian.org
Thu Jun 10 15:11:25 UTC 1999

On Wed, Jun 09, 1999 at 11:51:39PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> Since Mr. Leibovitch has failled once again to do anything resembling
> homework before he starts acting based on what he "knows" (like that
> Wichert is the head of SPI for example and various outright lies he has
> spread about Debian in previous columns) I guess somebody has to direct
> this person to SPI and let them handle it.

It seems I owe an apology for this part of my message.  It seems Mr.
Leibovitch has tried to contact SPI directly and has not been answered,
so I'm apparently blaming him for something that isn't his fault.  I
guess I should chalk this up to SPI worrying too much about writing
policy governing how to write policy to accomplish something important
instead of worrying about how to accomplish something important for the
moment.

Oh sure it would be nice if someone at SPI would take the wooden mallet
in my sig (this thing is psychic I swear) and whack the guy in the head a
few times, but sometimes I wonder if it might not first be necessary to
stick a few thumbtacks on the chairs of the SPI people in question first.

He is probably going to write an article about how incompitent SPI has
been, and how silent, and how nobody knows what SPI is doing (if anything
at all, which I'm seriously wondering about myself actually and I'm
supposed to be one of those people who knows better!)

This article can be partially FUD or completely FUD mixed with a few
lies, at this point I guess it's not my call.  OTOH, I'm not very happy
that SPI is apparently taking this opportunity to try and educate someone
who sorely needs it to sit on their hands and do nothing.  This sort of
thing isn't all that great for morale.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at debian.org>            Debian GNU/Linux developer
p.s. - i'm about *this* close to running around in the server room with a