[evan@telly.org: Questions for ZDNet article]

Christoph Lameter christoph at lameter.com
Thu Jun 10 18:20:07 UTC 1999

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Joseph Carter wrote:

> He is probably going to write an article about how incompitent SPI has
> been, and how silent, and how nobody knows what SPI is doing (if anything
> at all, which I'm seriously wondering about myself actually and I'm
> supposed to be one of those people who knows better!)

You are not the only one who has this impression. There has been frequent
critique of the handling of the trademark issue. I never heard anything
about the patent office abandoning the trademarking of Open Source.

I have tried to bring up having LUGs under SPIs umbrella here but I did
not get any response and it seems that the LUGs will try to do something
on their own now.

I sure will try to help as much as I can and I think SPI has a very
important role to play but it seems that we are stuck in
the mud right now and things fly by us.