[evan@telly.org: Questions for ZDNet article]

Lynn Winebarger owinebar at indiana.edu
Thu Jun 10 17:11:05 UTC 1999

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Joseph Carter wrote:
> You are not the only one who has this impression. There has been frequent
> critique of the handling of the trademark issue. I never heard anything
> about the patent office abandoning the trademarking of Open Source.

   I was surprised by that as well.
   But as long as we are talking about nothing getting done, I thought I'd
mention there has been a minor update on the SPI home page.  Congrats to
Nils and Darren on the respective statuses - or should I say "Thanks for
volunteering for the dirty work." ;-)

> I sure will try to help as much as I can and I think SPI has a very
> important role to play but it seems that we are stuck in
> the mud right now and things fly by us.

    I hope that with the non-profit status now official, and the by-laws
almost revised, SPI will start on to more tangible items.

Lynn