[draft 3] Guidelines for Equipment and Service Donations

Lynn Winebarger owinebar at se232.math.indiana.edu
Sun Mar 14 03:31:21 UTC 1999

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Nils Lohner wrote:

> -Proposed Draft 3- Resolution 1999.03.03.nl
> Guidelines for Equipment and Service Donations
>
> General Guidelines for Donations
> --------------------------------
>
> - All equipment will be used to further the goals of SPI and its
> affiliated projects, and will be used in accordance with all SPI rules and
> regulations.
>
>[etc]

   Could there be a clause stating where descriptions of purposes may be
found?  This might help provide a common reference for projects.  I'm
particularly thinking that 2 people might want their donations to be used
for the same purpose, but described differently, particularly when there's
no existent effort to fulfill the purpose, or the purpose is an
intermittent one.  Like if someone donated money toward the legal defense
of free software developers on patent infringement suits.  Or services,
from lawyers.
   Also, a site describing the current funding status of the different
projects/purposes might be helpful in determining where one wants to
dedicate their money (in some cases, you might decide not to donate for
a very under-funded one as compared to a better-funded one that
seems to be gathering some momentum.  or you might make the opposite
decision).

Lynn