[draft 3] Guidelines for Equipment and Service Donations

Christoph Lameter christoph at lameter.com
Mon Mar 15 16:18:38 UTC 1999

It might be wise to consider requiring people to not require a purpose for
donations to SPI but allow general use.

If we allow a specifications of purpose:

Who is going to track that and make sure it is really used like that?

We need then to have a database of machines etc etc which is quite a
headache.

Given our limited administrative capabilities I dont think its wise to
allow people to restrict use for a certain purpose. Maybe restrict use for
a project but then the project should track the stuff.