Apple claims "Open Source" trademark

Russell Brady brady2 at apple.com
Thu Mar 18 00:01:22 UTC 1999

http://www.newsalert.com/bin/story?StoryId=CnU3LubWbu0zuvta4o&FQ=Linux&SymH

>> you will see towards the bottom:
>>   "Open Source is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc."
>
>In good faith, I think that's a typo.  It actually reads:
>
>  NOTE: Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Mac OS, Power Macintosh and
>  WebObjects are registered trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc. Open Source
>  is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
>
>I don't see a reason why "Apple Computer, Inc." should be mentioned twice.
>It would be interesting to know what they intended to write there...
>"Software in the Public Interest"?  I hope.
>

>					Marcelo Magallon

Marcelo

yes -- it was a typo.  The correct release was issued over the wire and
is now on our website...sorry for any confusion caused.

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/1999/mar/16opensource.html

best regards

Russell

      Russell Brady
      Products, Platform & Technology, PR Manager
      Apple Computer Inc.
      Tel. (408) 974 6877
      Fax. (408) 974 7740
      email: brady2 at apple.com