[part 2] Article 3: Membership

Darren Benham gecko at benham.net
Thu Mar 25 23:08:05 UTC 1999

On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 05:22:47PM -0500, Will Lowe wrote:
> > >I'd have it expire in 2 years also... basicly a ping to take them off the
> > >email lists if they don't respond...
> > Then you have to define what happens when a contributing memebr slips into
> > non contrib.  I think this way is easy, and really see no need to remove
> > inactive supporting members.  Otherwise I'd me for a longer term (4-5
> > years possibly).
>
> Perhaps it's time to address the issue of whether we'll have the
> (hu)manpower needed to manually reinstate a member every year. I know that
> some of this could be automated, but the automation will inevitably
> require a responsible, quick-to-reply set of maintainers, in much the same
> way as the debian new-maintainer list does.

With the automation, I don't see why it'd be a large problem.  Debian has
functioned pretty well with it's new maintainer team...  SPI, if it has
that big if a membership work load, should also have a larger pool of
volunteers that can be tapped for projects such as this.

* <lintian-maint at debian.org>                                            *