Bylwas Revision: COMMITTEES

Wichert Akkerman wichert at cs.leidenuniv.nl
Tue Mar 30 23:28:54 UTC 1999

Previously Christoph Lameter wrote:
> I would rather favor having individuals making those decisions.

I would rather not have individuals making important decisions.

> Committees are useful if you want to slow down any possible dangerous
> decisions or if power needs to be controller but Committees are not
> useful for day to day operations.

That depends on their size and internal organization. For example
the ftpmaster team for Debian basically is a committee and they appear
to do very useful day to day operations ..

> I would like this to be as non-political as possible. So far we have
> had a pretty informal structure and it worked mostly.

We are going to need the politics at a certain point anyway; see what
happened to Debian. Without the constitution which has the same amount
of politics things would get (be?) messy.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma at cs.leidenuniv.nl