Bylwas Revision: COMMITTEES

Wichert Akkerman wichert at cs.leidenuniv.nl
Wed Mar 31 00:33:11 UTC 1999

Previously Christoph Lameter wrote:
> I just dont want the common committee nature which I have seen. It
> will make swift action impossible. Such a committee for daily
> operations is deadly for an organization.

I see a committee as a group of people with a certain task and a single
leader. How they organize themselves is entirely up to the committee
itself. Different committees will probably warrant different structures.

> This is a double edged sword. Too much regulation can cause a mess as
> well.

Having them and having to use them all the time are different things.
Or do you think that the constitution is hindering or regulating
too much in Debian?

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma at cs.leidenuniv.nl