Bylaws Revision: VOTING[4]

Darren O. Benham gecko at benham.net
Fri May 28 18:45:55 UTC 1999

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 11:07:11AM -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> SPI is a nonprofit and thus the term stockholders does not
> apply and might give a wrong impression.
What term would you use to convey the method of voting that SPI is trying
to achieve?

> What was the turnout at our elections? We might want to lower that
> percentage. People might not be interested in the board as long as it runs
> to their satisfaction.
Debian voter turn out for elections seems to be around 22-28% unless it's a
major election.  For example, the leader election was about 50% (give or
take).  Since the board is supposed to do most of the grunt work, if it's
not of the same caliber of interest, more discussion needs to go into it or
the propsal needs to be reconsidered.