[DRAFT 3]: Charter for the Open Source Committee

Darren O. Benham gecko at benham.net
Sun Nov 7 16:57:56 UTC 1999

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 10:31:34AM -0500, Russell Nelson wrote:
> Why has the domain name not already been transferred?  What is the
One could also ask, "Why should it be?"  The domain started out as SPI's
and there never was an agreement between SPI and OSI to transfer the
domain.

> problem here, and why does SPI feel a unique responsibility for
> solving that problem?  Perhaps a problem exists, but it's *our*
> responsibility for fixing it, in which case why is SPI retaining
> control?
There is no problems except "Should it be transfered".  Some people on
SPI's board question if that would be in the best interest of the Open
Software community.

>  > > Tim Sailer has not been on the board since 13 Mar 99.
>  > So?  He still has my respect.
>
> So ... he's not on the board anymore.  What other misconceptions may
> yet lurk?
There shouldn't be any but until recently (Last time I tried was a few
months ago) there was no way to find out just who is "OSI"