berlin hosting matters

Wichert Akkerman wichert at cs.leidenuniv.nl
Tue Oct 5 22:45:27 UTC 1999

Sorry for taking a couple of days to respond to this, it's been a
busy period.

Previously Graydon Hoare wrote:
> hey there. I'm coordinating the berlin development effort, and we're
> undergoing some growing pains with the current servers we're on:
> (va|master).debian.org.

Culus isn't online right now so I can't ask him, but can you be a bit
more specific?

> I mailed culus about it, and he said there are a number of somewhat
> "idle" port hosts in debian's menagerie,

There is also another option: SPI has a pII-350 that is currently not
being used for anything. Perhaps we could set that up to host other
SPI-sponsored projects such as Berlin.

Ean: the machine is the varstation that is currently stored at Novare.
Is Novare willing to host it as a SPI-machine for SPI-sponsored projects
besides Debian?

Board: I assume there are no objections against this? We have the
machine and we already know Berlin..

Wichert.

E-Mail: wichert at cs.leidenuniv.nl