berlin hosting .. ?

J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) jdassen at wi.LeidenUniv.nl
Wed Oct 13 10:17:20 UTC 1999

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 05:19:56 +0200, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> For a not-free product (contrib) ?

Berlin is an SPI project.

> omniidl2 comes from the non-free packages omniorb. It is not compileable
> with free packages, it must go to contrib.

There are several free CORBA implementations available, several of
which are packaged in Debian unstable "main" (MICO, ORBit). Also note
the following in libwarsaw's description:
:This library is fairly large; from 105k of IDL, this monstrosity came to
:be. To alleviate this there will probably be a port to a different orb in
:the near future.

I'm fairly sure this means that Berlin's "contrib" status will be temporary.

Ray
--
ART  A friend of mine in Tulsa, Okla., when I was about eleven years old.
I'd be interested to hear from him. There are so many pseudos around taking