We need to take a stand on opensource now

Darren Benham gecko at benham.net
Mon Sep 13 15:58:29 UTC 1999

There were afew questions that the US Patent and Trademark office posed to
Bruce.. who gave them to ESR to answer, instead of SPI, the true holder of
the mark..  and ESR chose not to respond in the timelimit the gov't set so the
mark expired.  After the mark expired, ESR posted a note on his opinion of
the mark being too general for trademarking...