Proposed SPI Bylaws Amendment

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Tue Dec 10 21:53:33 UTC 2002

I don't think that it is really prudent to concentrate power in even fewer
hands as this would tend to do.  If the immediate problem is that board
members don't show up, then address that problem, but don't take this weird
round-about method to do so.

> WHEREAS the SPI Board has been ineffectual due to four consecutive
> failures to make quorum at meetings;

I don't think that the problem is that quorum is too high.  I think that the
problem is that the board members aren't showing up.

So your resolution wouldn't fix the problem, it would just apply a band-aid.
How about considering other options, such as automatic expulsion of a board
member if the member fails to be present for x number of meetings, with
perhaps some fail-safe measures?