Next board meeting

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Fri Dec 13 05:10:06 UTC 2002

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 04:29:54PM -0600, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> > 	(6) Other issues still before the board
> > 		(eCos membership? Tax writeoffs/OFTC? United Way? Sincere
> > 		 Choice?)
> Each of these issues constitutes a fairly significant conversation in
> and of itself.

If it were me (and it's not, and won't be), I'd have assigned each of
these to whoever has an interest in them, and had a report presented to
the board discussing any issues and giving a recommendation, and then
just having the report and recommendation accepted or not at the board
meeting. Board meetings aren't really places where you want to have
significant conversations; delegating, setting a deadline, and just
accepting or declining a report's recommendations is much more feasible.

Cheers,
aj

    ``Australian Linux Lovefest Heads West''
                   -- linux.conf.au, Perth W.A., 22nd-25th January 2003