Proposed SPI Bylaws Amendment

Michael Cardenas mbc at debian.org
Sat Dec 14 07:14:25 UTC 2002

As a contributing member of SPI, I reject this proposal. Anything that
reduces the democratic nature of the corporation in a long term way,
is potentially harmful.

Also, as has been pointed out, this proposal doesn't scale well at
all. If we are successful in our efforts, there may be hundreds of
open source organizations which are part of SPI in the future, and 4
would be a terribly small number of people to make a decision for all
of them.