Proposed SPI Bylaws Amendment

Manoj Srivastava srivasta at acm.org
Sun Dec 15 00:10:50 UTC 2002

Hi,

The presence of not fewer than four board members or not less than
two-thirds of all board members (whichever is a smaller number) shall
constitute a quorum and shall be necessary to conduct the business of
this organization.

	May I ask how we reached the number 4? If we do not want a
 rough consensus, and if getting work done is more important than
 getting input from a reasonable majority of the board, shouldn't a
 quorum requirement of the one, or the people present, allow us to
 just swim thorough the agenda and gets loads accomplished? Isn't the
 idea that we have a board to provide a wide talent set to add value
 to the decision making process?

	Why 4?

	Why can't new board members not be appointed by email?

	manoj

--
 A holy man should behave in the village like a bee which takes its
 food from a flower without hurting its appearance or its scent. 49