Proposed SPI Bylaws Amendment

Josip Rodin joy at gkvk.hr
Mon Dec 16 15:11:14 UTC 2002

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 09:53:09AM -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> In fact, my experience with boards is that 12 is already a bit on the
> unwieldy side, and that boards at that size generaly need to have an
> executive committee where the real work happens, and the normal board
> merely acts as a rubber stamp.

Speaking of which, if any board members are necessary just to fill in the
ranks and occasionally actively participate in the decision making process,
then I also volunteer to be a board member. Being a contributing member, I'm
regularly around to do stuff, but I didn't submit a formal nomination
because I not actually _terribly_ interested in the SPI board business, and
because I think such work should be distributed to more suitable people.

But then, I see now that not much is happenning, not many more suitable
people are volunteering...

> (5) The bylaws could be modified to automatically make inactive board
> members who miss more than some number of consecutive board meetings.

But there is already one such resolution!

http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/resolution-2001-09-17.br

(tsk tsk tsk...)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.