Donation of hardware

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Tue Aug 26 21:59:57 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 11:14:29AM +0100, Andrew Mulholland wrote:
> I would like to donate, on behalf of OFTC, a 2U Rackmount server,
> to SPI.
> The specifications of the server are as follows:
> AMD Duron 800MHz, 256MB PC133 SDRAM, 40GB IDE Hard Disk, 100Mb/sec
> network interface.
>
> I am donating this on the understanding - as mentioned in an SPI
> Meeting, in #spi, on OFTC, that BlackCat Networks will provide
> colocation for a SPI Server.
>
> I've mentioned this previously to Wichert, and will work with BlackCat
> to sort this out, once I've received approval of this donation.

This machine is now in the possession of Black Cat. Can someone
(Wichert?) let me know what it should reverse lookup to and we'll get an
IP address assigned. I'm doing some work at our racks this Sunday, so
may have time to configure the box onto the network then.

Who's responsible for admining Purcel?

J.

--
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're *not* out to get me.