Result for vote regarding new members for the board of directors

Manoj Srivastava srivasta at acm.org
Sun Feb 23 09:15:58 UTC 2003

>>>>> In article <20030223062620.GH11626 at deadbeast.net>, Branden
>>>>> Robinson / SPI Treasurer <branden+spi-treasurer at deadbeast.net>
>>>>> writes:

 > [why did you CC Manoj?]

	I don't mind. My mail handling system is competent enough to
 deal with duplicates.

 > Debian's voting system is required to have properties that take it
 > afield from the strict Condorcet Cloneproof/SSD method.  Quorums,
 > default options, and supermajorities are all mandated properties
 > under the Debian Consitution, for instance.

 > I don't see the harm in letting SPI experiment with slightly
 > simpler methods.

	I think I want to express the opinion that in this case,
 having a default option would have better allowed me to express my
 preferences, and would have been less surprising to people
 unaccustomed to condorcet voting.

	manoj
--
Even if you aren't in doubt, consider the mental welfare of the person
who has to maintain the code after you, and who will probably put