Result for vote regarding new members for the board of directors

Manoj Srivastava srivasta at acm.org
Sun Feb 23 11:43:34 UTC 2003

 > Previously Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> Why is that undesired in Debian? Indeed, since you cannot force
 >> anyone in Debisan to stop discussing anything anyway, how is the
 >> reject this proposition any different whatsoever than further
 >> discussion?

 > This is not Debian; I'm not really interested in how relevant this
 > might be to Debian.

	Cute. You cut away the context that shows that this is indeed
 about debian voting. Let us see what the exchange was, really, with
 context:

 >>> Yes, the default option it the trick Debian uses to accomplish
 >>> that.  However it can also cause an election result that is
 >>> undesired: the 'further discussion' outcome.

 >> Why is that undesired in Debian? Indeed, since you cannot force
 >> anyone in Debisan to stop discussing anything anyway, how is the
 >> reject this proposition any different whatsoever than further
 >> discussion?

 > This is not Debian; I'm not really interested in how relevant this
 > might be to Debian.

	Heh. After 6 email exchanges where we are talking about the
 Debian draft, you suddenly want to say this conversation was not
 about Debian's voting system?

	manoj
--
"It's OK to do the right thing... as long as you don't get caught."
The Lone Contractor