Result for vote regarding new members for the board of directors

Nick Phillips nwp at nz.lemon-computing.com
Sun Feb 23 20:38:22 UTC 2003

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 07:28:29AM +0100, Peter Palfrader wrote:

> for that.  Are you sure it doesn't mess up condorcet in such a way that
> it deadlocks/gives no valid result/whatever?

No, hence the last sentence in my previous mail: "...if there is a way of
accounting for this in a satisfactory manner when it comes to working out
the outcome."

But if it is a valid preference to express, and the voting system isn't able
to account for it, then the voting system is inadequate. This may be due to
a desire to "always have a clear outcome", which is IMHO not to be preferred
over "allowing the voters to fully and clearly express their preferences."

Cheers,

Nick
Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.