Result for vote regarding new members for the board of directors

Manoj Srivastava srivasta at acm.org
Mon Feb 24 03:00:43 UTC 2003

 > On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 10:21:18AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
 >> On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 04:24:29PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
 >> > This omits a useful option.  For instance, what if I do not feel
 >> > that I know enough about a given candidate and wish to express
 >> > no opinion whatsoever about that candidate?
 >>
 >> You rank the unknown ones above the 'none of the above', and the
 >> known ones you absolutely don't want below the 'none of the
 >> above'.

 > No, because it would be implying a preference of the known ones
 > over the unknown ones.

	If you truly have no preference, why not lump all these
 options at the same level above the default option? All are now
 eligible, but you have expressed no preference, apart from saying I
 find them acceptable.

	If you don't even have an opinion on whether the options are
 acceptable or not, I suggest you educate yourself; I would not want
 to pander lazy exercise of ones franchise.

	manoj
--
Disclaimer: "These opinions are my own, though for a small fee they be
yours too." Dave Haynie