[Spi-private] IRC log from 2003-02-04 SPI Board meeting
mbanck at gmx.net
Wed Feb 26 00:28:46 UTC 2003
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 12:54:36PM -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> If I'm going to write software, and donate my efforts and my
> intellectual property the Open Software community, that's my choice.
> I've done this on many occasions. But one thing that I will NOT do
> after making such a free donation of my efforts is to sign something
> which explicitly puts my house and all of my savings at risk. If IBM
> refused to put its corporate assets at risk when it donated the s390
> binutils changes to the FSF, why should I risk mine? As a result, I
> will refuse to donate code to any project which requires me to sign an
> agreement with similar language.
Fair enough. But on the other hand, I guess SPI has to decide whether
*it* wants to take up any risks and stand up for whatever code it
accepted. What happens if some company decides they have a patent on
something and tries to sue us into oblivion?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://spi-inc.org/pipermail/spi-general/attachments/20030226/7c1d341b/attachment.pgp
More information about the Spi-general