[Spi-private] IRC log from 2003-02-04 SPI Board meeting

Lawrence E. Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Fri Feb 28 20:23:50 UTC 2003

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 07:37:45AM -0800, Cardenas wrote:
> > Furthermore, SPI is one of the few organizations that has the
> > intellectual capability and the ethical awareness to stand
> up to such
> > a law,
>
> Actually, we've been advised by counsel to conceal all
> evidence that we have either of these traits.  ;-)

Your counsel is probably right!  But he should caution you not to reveal
attorney-client confidences.  There may come a time when you want to
deny knowing anything about intellectual capability and ethical
awareness -- or want to hide the fact that you have a lawyer who warned
you of such things.  :-)

/Larry Rosen